Perfect dish after a killer day on the mountain~
Creamy Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Soup
1 med sized butternut squash peeled, cubed, deseeded
1 head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
1/2 package Applegate Naturals bacon or 1/2 lb plain GF, CF, additive free butcher block bacon chopped into small pieces (I use scissors. It’s much easier.)
1 small yellow onion diced
1 Tbls coconut oil
2 Tbls salt
2 tea curry powder of your choice
2 cloves garlic minced
1 box Pacific Natural Foods organic veggie stock
2 Cups water
1/2 Cup coconut milk
1. Cook squash in veggie stock and water in a medium sized soup pot for about 15 min before adding cauliflower. Simmer until squash and cauliflower are tender.
2. In a seperate pan, saute onion, garlic, bacon and coconut oil until bacon is thoroughly cooked and onion is translucent. Set aside until squash and cauliflower are done.
3. Add bacon mixture and salt to the pot and stir. Blend small amounts of the soup in blender until all is completely pureed. The soup should be smooth. If extra liquid is needed use the coconut milk. Otherwise add the coconut milk to the puree last. Add the soup back to the pot and bring to a simmer.
4. Finally, add curry powder and salt to taste.
5. Top with a bit of crumbled goats cheese, crumbled bacon or chopped pecans for garnish.